Sunday 24 June 2012

Another 241 tote

I made another 241 tote! My mum saw the one I made for myself and asked me to make one for her. She chose the fabrics, so I can't take the credit there, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I made a few changes, with this being the second time I've made this pattern now. Firstly, I attached the pockets to the relevant pieces before I started putting them together. I found it quite tricky to attach the pockets at the points where the pattern recommends (not impossible, and certainly didn't effect the finish, but not enjoyable to do), so I found this much better. I also find the zipper pockets and up bigger than the bag pieces and would so get cut off, plus they fight each other for room, so I trimmed these down as well. I also make my handles totally differently - using the fabric to cover a strip of webbing instead, but I did that with my own bag too. So here she is:


And I've been a bit down today (largely because I have received a £900 fine from HMRC for filing my tax return late, despite the fact they didn't tell me I needed to do it until it was already late, then I requested a pin number to do it online and that never arrived, and now they are saying they've not received it despite it having been signed for on the 28th of May...*and breathe, breathe, breathe* oh and I only registered as self employed because I was doing Avon to try and supplement my income as we were struggling, and I earned...wait for it £500! Less than the pigging fine!!) so my beautiful Beau bunny sensed I was sad and came for a cuddle. I look hideous in this picture as I am having a PJ day, but he never ever lets you cuddle him, so I just have to share!

8 comments:

  1. Oh bugger on the tax thing. We have been there and done that with the late fines. One year our accountant got all our paperwork to file and then we never heard from him again. By then it was too late to get another accountant because they were all knee deep in work with the clients they already had. To this day we have no idea what happened to the accountant we did have since we had been using him for ten years at that point. he just disappeared, never answered an email or phone call again. Weird - and expensive! So feel for you big time. It is a rotten piece of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you - the tax man is a nightmare. I was registered self employed once in my life for a year and for 4 years after I told them I was no longer self employed I was still being sent tax forms to fill in...grrrr. But how wonderful that your bunny could sense that you needed a cuddle - animals are amazing creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is lovely, your mum is going to feel very proud of you when she uses it. That is just awful about the Tax man, you poor thing. So unfair when you have worked so hard. How sweet that your rabbit gave you a cuddle. I hope things start to look up next week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life just stinks. Glad God gave us critters for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bag! super colours, Tax is not fun! I thought they could only fine you £100 plus the amount of tax you owe, again! You cannot owe that much surely! I do not know- I just had that impression??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about that fine. The bag looks lovely though, and I like the zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bunny cuddles, pets just know when we need a hug. Great bag :) Chrissie D from P&J's blog hop

    ReplyDelete