Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy fathers' day!

This is the card I made for my dad. It was inspired by one I saw online. I usually make cards using Forever Friends cutouts and the like, so this was a realy departure for me. It was so fun to try something new. We had lunch out yesterday en famille, as my parents are at a christening today. My mum made this beautiful wall-hanging for the baby:
In other news, another part of my prize for the Popular Patchwork competition has arrived: a Lisa Lam bag and her latest book:
The book is great; there are a few things in there that I would never make, like bicycle paniers (sp?) but she takes you through all the mechanics of making bags, like attached hardware, piping the edges, putting in pockets, so it's a really useful read.

And my fabrics came from Abakhan. Remember I won the chance to make my idea for a jubilee project on a budget over at Lily's Quilts? Well now the fabrics have come, so I can make a start on putting it together. Here are the materials I ordered:
For just under £20 (well, I got them for free for my win!) I got 2 metres 4oz Wadding 137cm 54", 1 metre Sheeting Red 230cm, 1 metre Sheeting Royal Blue 230cm, 1 metre Plain Polyester White 185cm, 1 metre Plain Poly Blue 112cm, Snap Fasteners Nickel 15mm. So I am off now to go and design and make my little project, and there will be a tutorial at the end :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love the Father's Day card. If only you had posted this yesterday my hubby would have got a significantly better card than he actually did ;0)

    I am super :green eyes: jealous of that book and bag win! I just made a framed purse using frames from her site and its lovely. I can't wait to see how you get on.

    :jumping: cant wait to see your tutorial. Askaban (sp?) are so reasonable but I will be interested to see how the quality compares with what you are used to.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and that bag is a fantastic win. It's nice to know that a real person wins these things....enjoy making the bags. I made one from her previous book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lib! Have nominated you for a Versatile Blog award http://jaysmonkey.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/ive-been-nominated.html

    x

    ReplyDelete