I am so excited to announce the schedule for Plum and June's Let's Get Acquainted blog hop!! My scheduled date is the 3rd of July (someone remind me when it gets near, I am so rubbish at remembering events!) I am particularly excited to be appearing the same day as Di from Willowbeck Designs (completely by coincidence) as Di lives just up the road from my mum! It's such a small world! She is going to the FQ Retreat in London, I am so jealous...do you think by mentioning her in my blog she might sneak me into this beautiful bag she's just made especially for the retreat? ;)
Rather than try and reword Beth's post and make a complete hash of it, I will copy and paste from her site and let her explain in her own words:
Come join in the fun this summer as we hop through Quilty Blog Land to find some new, fun blogs filled with fun projects and creative inspiration!
The Hop begins on May 22, 2012. We'll hop to 4 blogs a week (2 on Tuesdays and 2 on Thursdays)
For details and updates, see my Monday Blog Hop News that I'll post here on PlumandJune.blogspot.com every Monday throughout the Hop starting May 21st.
So, what is it all about?
1. Who can participate? The Let's Get Acquainted! Blog Hop is for blogs that were started in 2011 or 2012 and that focus primarily on quilting. We hope readers with older blogs or no blogs at all will join us as we visit these new blogs but only blogs fitting this criteria will be the stops on the hop.
2. Each blog in the hop has an assigned date. The calendar will be listed on this page as well as in my Monday posts. On each blog's date, we'll all "hop" over for a visit, look around, leave a comment or two, and if we like what we see and want more, we'll subscribe (or follow or join!)
3. What should you post on your hop day? Well, there are no strict rules - just some general guidelines about what your post should include:
***An introduction to you and your blog - maybe create a collage of your favorite finishes or links to your tutorials or favorite posts. (This is optional - it is totally up to you how you want to present your blog to the new visitors.)
***The official theme of the Hop is novelty prints (blogger's choice - examples include typewriters, monsters, bicycles, clocks, animals - or even just flowers.) You can make anything related to quilting - a quilt of any size, bags, pillows, coasters, etc. You don't need to include a full tutorial but you should include pics and a description of your process. Your project does not need to be used just for the hop - link it wherever you want, use it for a swap or a QAL - whatever you want.
***Q and A - This is completely optional but what about answering some fun questions about yourself and your blog. Answer as many or as few as you want in as little or as much detail as you would like. Use the following questions as guidelines or create your own (or send me some suggestions.)
- How long have you been quilting
- Favorite quilting tip(s)
- Favorite blogging tip(s)
- Favorite fabric (or wish list fabric)
- Favorite craft book
- Favorite book (or book you are currently reading)
- Favorite children's book
- Favorite quilting tool
- Favorite music to listen to while quilting
- Favorite TV show while hand stitching
- Binding - by hand or by machine?
- If I'd only known - what you wish you knew about blogging before you started your blog
***Please include the Blog Hop button in your post so we can pick up more visitors along the way. Also, please cut and paste from my Monday Blog Hop News post the links to the blogs assigned to the day before you, the same day as you, and the day after you.
4. You can post before your assigned date but your blog's official hop date will stay the same on the list. And if you want, you can definitely have your blog hop day coincide with another event on your blog (start of a swap, QAL, etc.)
5. Join the Let's Get Acquainted! Blog Hop Flickr Group! You can post links to your tutorials/how-to's you created for the hop and post pics of any projects made using the tutorials you found through the hop.
6. Grab a button and please share the information about the Blog Hop with your readers - Link, Tweet, Pin! New bloggers interested in joining should send me an email (plumandjune(at)gmail(dot)com) or leave a comment on one of my posts.
7. I'll update this page regularly! And I'll publish Blog Hop posts every Monday starting May 21st which will include the week's schedule. In my Monday post, I'll (1) list the blogs we are "hopping to" for the week, (2) post information about anything happening on any of the blogs in the hop (like swaps, QALs, SALs, giveaways - email me with any information about your blog that you want included), (3) pick a few posts to feature from some of the blogs involved in the hop (if you don't want me to post any links from your blog, just let me know), and (4) post any updated information about the hop.
8. Also, as part of these Monday updates, you can link up any projects you make using the tutorials presented throughout the hop. Just another way for us all to "get acquainted"
9. And last but not least - please visit all the blogs in the Hop on their day and comment, comment, comment!
Participants and Schedule:
Kelsey from Kelsey Sews
Erin from Billy Button Designs
Nik from Bold Goods
Alyssa from Pile O Fabric
Heidi from Fabric Mutt
Amy from Amy's Crafty Shenanigans
Jodi from Tickle and Hide
Jennie from Porch Swing Quilts
Cinzia from Deux Petites Souris
Kristy from Quiet Play
Taryn from From Pixels to Patchwork
Em from Sewing by Moonlight
Kelly from Jeliquilts
Yzo from Chez Roo
Debbie from A Quilter's Table
Sarah from Silly Banana Sewing
Jennifer from Sewlandia
Nicole from Mama Love Quilts
Suzanne from SuzClaas
Mina from Kindaquilty
Svetlana from Sotak Handmade
Beth from Plum and June
Julie from Jolie Maxtin
Lori from Adventures in Fabric
Di from Willowbeck Designs
Libby from Miss Beau Jangles
Jennifer from Knotted Thread
Sarah from Sarah Lou
Catherine from Knotted Cotton
Jenelle from Echinops and Aster
Julie from Bedsheet in the Kitchen
Rebecca from Sew Festive Handmade
Marti from 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks
Katie from Kati's Quilting
Claire from Sewing over Pins
Caroline from Quilting in the Cold
Jamie from Sweet Baby Jamie
Janine from Rainbow Hare Quilts
Colby from Sew Quilt Explore
Fiona from Celtic Thistle
Mary from Spoolhardy Girl
Fiona from Finding Fifth
Audrey from Hot Pink Quilts
Michelle Renee from Quilt Matters
Jennifer from GH Quilting
Liz from What I Did on My Summer Vacation
Susan from Canadian Abroad
Kirsten from Gemini Stitches
Stephanie from Sewing by Stephanie
Sarah from Sarah Sews Quilting Blog
January from Sew Sew Go
Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
Cathy from Blueberry Patch
Marta from From Marta with Love
Marion from My Quilt Diet
Sunni from Love Affair With My Brother
Ginny from Fish Creek Studio
Lucy from Charm About You
Elaine from Dashasel Sews
Danny from MommyFor Reals
***Kathy from Pink Chalk Studio has agreed to be interviewed during one of my Monday Blog Hop News posts and she'll also be giving away 4 $25 gift certificates to her awesome shop, Pink Chalk Fabrics - date to be announced soon.
***On June 11th, Lynne from the wonderful Lily's Quilts will be guest hosting on my blog as part of the Monday Blog Hop News.