Thursday 23 February 2012

A finish!

Having had a rubbish day when last we 'spoke', I then embarked on a marking and planning marathon before going back to work on Monday (I am a teacher for those who don't know) so no sewing there. Then Monday night and Tuesday night I had loads of work to do, but for about an hour on Tuesday night I continued to work on my potential Modern Mini entry (see button on the right below). I don't want to show that in case I enter it, but here's a teaser - I used these fabrics:
The design is strongly influenced by the fabrics... That's all you're getting for now!

But last night I had a big success - a finish! I spotted this fab tutorial at 'lots of pink here':

..from following a link on Sew Lovins:
Sew Lovins 'Pretty Lil' Neddlebook'
I love this blog, she's made some beautiful stuff and I love her taste in fabrics!

Here's my version:


I am really pleased with this, and the tutorial is fab so I want to recommend it, so I am linking up with TNT Thursdays over at Happy Quilting:
Oooh, I forgot to say what my 'Try New Things' were! This was my first go an machine sewing binding (on the pockets). It was my first go at quilting something this small, I really enjoyed quilting in lines like this so will definitely do this again. It was my first successful attempt at quilt-as-you-go, which I used to make the outside panel. And it was my first time sitting down to a project and finishing it all in one night!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a great little sewing kit caddy. I love it!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job! I'm so glad you enjoyed the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your needlebook!
    I'm off to check out the tutorial - Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute. I Have some similar batik fabrics I'm not going to use if you'd like them let me know =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out and love your needlebook;) Keep sewin!!

    ReplyDelete