Friday 10 February 2012

My first quilt!

Ok so it's about time I shared my quilts! My mum's skill inspired me to make a start on some of my own. We occasionally go to http://www.fabricguild.co.uk/ to get some fabrics at warehouse prices. I was lucky enough to pick up a batik jelly roll by Fabric Freedom for just £18. I loved the patterns, and I wanted to show the continuity of the patterns within the quilt, so that inspired the pattern for this quilt, which I designed myself:

I recently had a look on the fabric freedom website and completely by coincidence discovered that they had done a very similar pattern with the exact same jelly roll!

However, they haven't matched the fabrics up to get the continuity, and I have to say I prefer mine. Is that bad?! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. You sooooo need to come shopping with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Just the sort of effect I'm looking for. How clever for your first quilt - I'm a beginner too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, of course you should prefer uour own. You put alot of time and care into it. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete