Saturday 11 February 2012

Shaving soap

Ooh, forgot to mention, I recently tried making my own solid shaving soap, at my dad's request. He always uses solid soap and a badger bristle brush, and since I started making my own soaps he's been wondering if I could make a workable alternative to the Crabtree and Evelyn one he usually buys. So I rootled (technical term!) around on the net for a recipe but wasn't grabbed by any of them, so made up my own! I used about 150g melt-and-pour soap, with about 2mls of sandalwood essential oil (could do with more next time), 1tsp of bentonite clay and 1 tbsp of goat's milk powder. Dad is really chuffed with it, he made me feel his freshly-shaved face and it was indeed silky smoth! I think next time maybe half a tsp more bentonite clay, and it really needs to be white soap, not clear, just for aesthetics. Plus I need to remember to make the two powdered ingredients into a paste with a drop or two of water before adding to the soap. No photies for this one, I'm afraid, as dad snaffled (another technical term) it as soon as it was made!

No comments:

Post a Comment