Tuesday 14 February 2012

Today's make

Just a quick one today. I saw this tutorial on another blog:
http://twobrownbirds.typepad.com/two-brown-birds/free-pattern-ahhtishoo-travel-tissue-cover.html
And just had to try it out!
So here are the results:
The one on the right is the left overs from my Nicey Jane quilt. The blocks were made by sewing 4 jelly rolls strips together and then cutting the resulting strips into blocks. There were then 5 little endy bits left over, so I used bondaweb to attach these to a piece of white cotton, covered the gaps with ric-rac, then used this for one of my tissue covers. You get a better idea of the design from the back:
I challenge you to make just one of these little covers. I bet you can't do it - they are so simple, it's addictive! A completed project in under 5minutes! And only 5.5in x 14in of fabric! Love it!

1 comment: