Friday 10 February 2012

My latest quilt

Ok this is my latest quilt. I have 4 of the jelly roll books by the mother and daughter pair, Pam and Nicky Lintott. I loooooove jelly rolls! For those not in the know, a jelly roll is a set of 40 strips from the same fabric range, so they come already co-ordinating, a godsend for someone like me! The pattern for this quilt was in this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Two-One-Jelly-Roll-Quilts/dp/0715337564 and I used a jelly roll called Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. I intentionally try and choose fabrics that are out of my comfort zone - my rule of thumb is 'Would my mum buy this?' and the answer I'm looking for is no! Anyway, here is the quilt:
I love it, and have used it to cover my ripped chair at work, to cheer me up on even the most dismal Monday morning.
And the best thing about the patterns in this particular edition? Each one only uses half a jelly roll, so I still have another half a jelly roll to use! I've got all the cutting done so I plan to get started on the sewing over half term, which begins tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have the Jelly Roll Inspiration Book and they are a brilliant set of books. I made a big heart from the jelly roll - the top is finished - but it is still not finished. Love yours in the Nicey Jane fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had four jelly roll packages for three years and have not used them because I don't know what to do with them! LOL so I love the idea here.

    thank you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete